- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- What is mental health?
- Symptoms of depression; risk factors for depression; depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental heath
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Cognitive distortions and cognitive behavioural therapy
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Action planning for using MHFA
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the
- Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether through self-help resources, internal support such as EAP, or external sources such as their GP
- MHFA manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A copy of the Line Managers’ Resource, an invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill health
We can also deliver group training onsite at a client’s premises for up to 16 delegates for £2,700 +VAT (minimum of six delegates).