Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) which affect the body’s muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves, are a major cause of work absenteeism.
According to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), an estimated 11.6 million working days a year are lost due to work related MSDs.
We offer occupational physiotherapy sessions aimed at relieving the debilitating effects of conditions caused by MSDs and help get the employee back to work.
Physiotherapy treats both acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions by using a number of different techniques.
Such techniques may include hands on manipulation and mobilisation, massage, hydrotherapy, exercise programmes, electrotherapy (eg ultrasound) and acupuncture.
How it works
A physiotherapist will devise a tailored rehabilitation programme to help an early return to work, which includes strength training and stretching exercises.
The patient will also be offered advice on how to manage their condition more effectively, eg exercising at home, plus postural and ergonomic advice.
Our physiotherapy service
- MOHS is able to provide referrals to qualified occupational physiotherapists across the UK
- All the physiotherapists are checked for clinical governance / quality standards
- Following the referral, the physiotherapy clinic selected will be one that is closest to the employee’s workplace or home (whichever is preferred)
- Following referral, there will be initial assessment with report, followed by maximum five further assessments
- If additional sessions are required, a case management review is held before any further sessions are booked
- Emphasis is on providing ‘fit for work’ assessments (not assessments for marathon running or hiking in Lake District)
Organisations wanting to book a treatment on behalf of their employees should email email@example.com or call 0121 601 4041.