All food handlers must be trained according to their food handling work activities. Certification is a legal requirement. Plus, it gives business owners and customers alike peace of mind knowing that they’re not at risk of contamination from your kitchen or food storage or prep area.
Accredited by HABC, our food hygiene courses help food business operators understand the risks and how to prevent food-related illnesses. The accredited Level 1 food is the more basic of the two courses we offer. To upskill, you need the Level 2 Food Handling course.
Attendees will gain the Food Hygiene Level 1 Qualification following completion of the 4-hour course.
Level 1 Food Handling – Course overview:
In this course, you’ll cover:
- Introduction to food safety and hazards;
- Microbiological hazards (multiplication and survival) and controls;
- Contamination hazards and controls;
- Personal hygiene;
- Cleaning and disinfecting equipment and premises.
Food Hygiene Level 1 Schedule
Here’s what MOHS Training Department has planned for this course onsite here at West Bromwich this year:
- Dates: we have no set dates for training onsite here, but are offering courses on request;
- Duration: 4 hours;
- Venue: MOHS Training Centre, 83 Birmingham Road, West Bromwich, B70 6PX;
- Places: the maximum number of delegates per session is 12;
- Cost: £48.00 per person + VAT.
A packed lunch is optionally available for £6 per person. Please book lunches when you book your course.
Can’t make it to West Brom? No problem. We can arrange to deliver this course onsite at your premises. The maximum number of delegates is 10; we’d discuss details, logistics and price upon your application.
You can find this course on Page 11 of our 2019 Training Prospectus.